| There was some amazing dancing going on if you can tell from the pic |
| Cherries! |
| Get at that corn! |
| We wanted to buy one of these chairs. |
I had to follow up the corn with a funnel cake. Too damn healthy. Which brings me to my next topic…
I had an idea about running and I wanted to see if you guys were interested. (Does anyone read this thing anyway?) Basically, I need to get back into running, but I am having a hard time being motivated. I was into a great routine when I wasn’t working, but now that I am I find myself running less and less. Dirk and I went for a quick run on Friday night, and I thought I was going to die. They say that you lose your cardio fitness within two weeks. Boy is that true! Anyway, I thought of a way to keep myself motivated, but I need your help.
I have a Nike+ device that Dirk bought me for Christmas last year. I haven’t used it yet, because I didn’t have the right equipment, yada yada. But now I do. So my idea is that we could get a bunch of people interested in competing against each other. We could form teams of runners. We can set some sort of time limit (like a month) and see which team logs the most miles in that time frame. Or we could just have everyone be their own team. We could actually make a small prize for the winner or we could just play for “bragging rights.” I obviously need to work out some logistics, but it would be helpful to know who is interested first!
Nike+ is pretty cool, because all you need to do is to sync the device to your computer after you run, and it downloads all the data for you. No worrying about doing tedious admin work like with other workout training programs. My thought is that if I have people that I actually know to compete against, I will run. Public shaming works well in terms of motivation.
You will need some equipment to get started: The Nike+ device which is about $30, either the Nike+ sneakers or the pouch that attaches the sensor to your sneakers, and an iPod touch, iPhone, or newish Nano. What do you guys think? You can find out more information here: http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/ and here: http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_US/plus/#//dashboard/. If you are interested, please post in the comments!
Oh, and one last thing. We saw Bridesmaids. So, so funny. Go see it – you won’t be disappointed.
I'm in, let's gamify! If we make tams I want to be in another than Lauren. Will be more fun bragging!
ReplyDeleteOK - I just tried it out nike+ for the first time...and it's totally awesome. Dirk immediately bought all the gear as soon as he saw how cool it was. I've logged 3.6 miles already! oh yeah!
ReplyDelete