Last weekend, we went to Napa. We agonized about which hotel to stay in, and eventually settled on the EuroSpa and Inn in Calistoga. The hotel was basic, but clean and they had spa services on site. Also, it didn't cost a fortune. As you can imagine, the hotel prices in Napa Valley are steep. But this hotel served our purposes well, and the massages we had were excellent.
So after our spa appointments, we headed out to do some wine tastings. By chance, I happened to find this barrel tasting event at Vincent Arroyo. What a find! They had several barrels to try, and had quite a spread of cheeses and fruit - all for free! The wine was quite good, and the winery was very "California cool." If it wasn't our very first trip to Napa, we would have just stayed there all day. Here are some pictures from that event:
| Apparently, I only own one sweater |
| Vincent Arroyo himself |
| Our favorite winery (so far) |
From there, we headed to August Briggs, which we also liked. Again, we were a bit rushed, but we picked up a Chardonnay that we could drink in our hotel room before dinner. I'm not a Chardonnay fan, but this one was good. At this point, we were getting quite tipsy and I kept on talking about how I was going to see the geyser tomorrow. Wow, I really know how to strike up interesting conversations with strangers!
Finally, we ended up at B Cellars, which was the most expensive tasting of the day. The wine tasting was $15 per person and the wine bottles were expensive as well. Normally, the winery waves the tasting fee if you buy a bottle of wine, but this place only waved it if you bought three bottles or more! This winery specialized in blends. By then, I was liking everything, so I can't say that I could give you an honest opinion. The winery itself was gorgeous and comfortable. Again, I talked about the geysers with strangers. Here are some pictures from B Cellars:
| Totally Sober |
| Here's B Cellars! |
| Ohh heyyyy come take a look at my koi pond |
Then on Sunday it was geyserrrrrrrr timmmmmeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
And there it was. I paid $10 for this shit? I guess this would be really exciting for cave people, but they didn't have the Bellagio. This is like...a crap water fountain. Oh, but they had some goats:
| hi. |
So that was our weekend in Napa! I'm ready at any time to take visitors up there. It was so much fun and the scenery was absolutely gorgeous. I can't even imagine how beautiful it would be in the summer when everything is in bloom.
An update on THIS weekend will be coming soon in another post. You think you can have it all at once? Well, you can't! Stop being greedy.
No comments:
Post a Comment