Uh, last weekend was Easter, as you all know. Dirk and I dyed eggs on Saturday, which was pretty cute. Only we made way too many of them. We still have eggs sitting on the counter, which is totally disgusting. If I eat one more egg salad and curry sandwich, I’m going to lose it! On Sunday morning, we had our new friend Michael join us for Dirk’s family’s traditional Easter brunch. We ate hard boiled eggs with various accouterments, such as lox, herring, anchovy paste (ew, dude), caviar (we’re fancy!), and capers. We also had some bread, carrot cake, and cinnamon rolls. Dirk was happy that we were able to share a bit of his tradition.
| Easter & Dinosaur Eggs |
![]() |
| Yeah, yeah. I look like hell. So what? I'm going to dress up to dye eggs?! |
After that, Dirk, Michael and I went to the SF Museum of Modern Art. Michael is a graphic designer, so he was just as excited about going as I was. It’s a really nice museum, and they had some great pieces from Rothko and Matisse on display. I taught Dirk a little bit about the painting and the various Movements, and I think he was appreciative to have a bit of insight into the art. Not that I am an art historian or anything…
Following the museum trip, we walked around the city. We went to the Embarcadero, which is the old ferry building. There are food shops and eateries galore inside. We sampled many delicious cheeses and bought a "meat cone," which is a paper cone filled with - you guessed it! - meat. We had lunch near Fisherman's Wharf, and had an Irish Coffee before heading home.
![]() |
| Here's some meat. |
The work week has been pretty tame, but we are excited to come home this weekend. Dirk hasn't been home yet, so he is really looking forward to spending some time at the house. We are sad that we missed our friend Joe's wedding, but at least we can make it to Merissa and Damon's wedding. We're also going to a Phillies game! Yay! I've been truly missing being able to watch the games.
Also, Penny now comes in to our room in the morning to snuggle. It's pretty adorable, and I will try to snap a picture of it the next time it happens.
Ah, I just read over this post and I have to say that it's pretty boring. Sorry about that, guys. I'll try to do something ridiculous soon so that we can all make fun of me in the next post.


No comments:
Post a Comment