Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Easily Amused

Dirk and I have been sharing the rental car since I haven't shipped mine yet.  (That's a long, painful story that I won't get into on here.)  So lately I've been driving him to work each morning so that I can have the car during the day.  We passed the pool on the way to the garage and we saw this adorable little scene:


The little duckies thought that this was a lake!  How cute/stupid of them! Also, you can see the spectral fog that is around the pool each morning and night.  It makes for an interesting atmosphere in the courtyard.

Also, I thought I would share this embarrassing story about myself:  The complex has a complimentary breakfast each morning, and this morning I decided to take advantage.  I ran over to the clubhouse after I dropped Dirk at work to grab some yogurt.  Only on my way there, I started thinking about that car insurance commercial where the guy is pretending to be a GPS.  You can see it here. "RECALCULATING! TURN RIGHT NOW!" I have no idea why, but that commercial makes me laugh so hard that no sound comes out and my nostrils start flaring.  So of course, I'm trying really hard not to laugh when I walk into the clubhouse.  And today that place is PACKED.  Normally, there are like five people in there, but today it was like 25.  Go to work, bums!  But anyway, I can't hold in my laughter any more, so I basically started maniacally laughing as I'm choosing my yogurt.  So I looked like some sort of crazed psycho who really gets jazzed about yogurt flavors.  It was pretty amazing.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I love that commercial. I can actaully see someone frantically turning their car because the GPS tells them they should. And I am enjoying the image of you laughing alone in a crowded room. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I laughed so hard at "cute/stupid"!

    ReplyDelete