Dirk and I drove down to LA (Brentwood specifically) to visit Melissa, a long lost friend from high school. The weather was forecasted to be absolutely gorgeous, so we took the opportunity to visit her and enjoy the warmth. The drive down was pretty and generally uneventful. We were very lucky that we didn't hit any traffic and that Penny was such a good puppy in the backseat.
We arrived around 8:00pm and headed to a great low-key bar called Father's Office in Santa Monica, which had amazing burgers and a huge craft beer selection. Melissa, her boyfriend Kody, Dirk, and I had a great time visiting. It was nice hang out with some friends. I suppose I was starting to feel a bit isolated without knowing people in Mountain View yet.
It was 80-some degrees on Saturday, so we we did some outdoor shopping. After that, we went to Hermosa beach, where we laid out in the sand and played beach volleyball. I can't say that I actually got any sort of tan, but it was amazing to be able to lay on the beach in January.
On Sunday, we drove around Beverly Hills, Hollywood, and the Sunset Strip. We also drove by where the Golden Globes were taking place! The red carpet looks nothing like what I thought it would look like. It was small! Anyway, we also went up to the Observatory for some stunning views of the city.
![]() |
| That's for you, Denis! |
| The Hollywood sign! |
I absolutely love, love Los Angeles, and hope I can visit again soon. I love how each neighborhood is like it's own town, and you can't beat the weather. Dirk and I had such a great time there this weekend, and it was wonderful being able to catch up with Mel.
| Bye Mel! Thanks for letting us visit! |

No comments:
Post a Comment