Thursday, January 6, 2011

Good Morning, Pee-Wee. Good Morning, Mr. BREAKFAST!

Today is my second day being a hausfrau.  I have been pretty busy so far, so I haven't started talking to my Mr. T cereal yet, a la Pee-Wee.  I did, however, get a sweet bike like his:


Isn't it awesome?!  Dirk and I bought it off of Craigslist the other night, and I just love it.  I'm sad that I won't be able to bring it home with me when I go home to the East Coast in July.  In case you can't see from the picture, it has a bell and a license plate with my name on it.  Like my dad said, I just need some handlebar streamers to make it complete.

I rode my bike to yoga class yesterday, which is the first time I have ever used a bike as actual transportation.  I think I had to go a half a mile to the studio, but you would have thought I was entering the Tour De France the way I mentally prepared myself for the "journey."  Luckily, Californians are really used to sharing the road with bikes, so I didn't get run over/maimed.

Yoga class totally kicked my arse, by the way.  My entire body is sore, even down to the muscles in my wrists.  I am used to vinyasa, which is much more calming, but this studio does power yoga, which is seriously hard.  So I think I'm taking the day off from yoga and will be doing something non-strenuous in the gym instead.  The gym at the apartment complex is really nice, and since everyone else on the planet works, I mostly have it to myself during the day.

Also, if someone has any ideas on how I can ween myself off of Diet Coke, please let me know.  I think I need to enter a 12-step program.

No comments:

Post a Comment